¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fresh Ink :: White on Blue

I wanted to experiment a bit with some of my prints and some different paper than I typically use for printing. I've had my eyes on this Lama Li paper for quite a while and thought I'd give it a try. The paper is handmade in Nepal and comes in a wide range of colors - but wait....even better - I found out that a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of these papers supports community development initiatives like clean water, road construction, and other infrastructure projects in Nepal! Pretty sweet deal! 
All in all I'm really happy with how this turned out. 
Come back to see more soon...I got two other colors! :)



:: Hand mixing ink to warm it up ::



:: Rolling the ink out with the brayer ::



:: After ink is rolled onto matrix with the brayer ::



:: Burnishing the back of the paper with my wooden spoon to transfer the ink to the paper ::



:: Finished print and matrix ::   

         

:: An afternoon spent printing on new paper produced some fun results ::
:: Can't wait to do more like it! ::



2 comments:

Luke said...

Great work, Sarah! Fun to see some progress shots.

Sarah said...

Thanks Luke!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...